Cure MedicalCare PC (“Cure MedicalCare,” “we,” or “us”) owns and operates the Cure MedicalCare website located at www.curemedicalcare.com and the Cure MedicalCare mobile application (collectively, the “Platform”). Your access and use of the Platform, any part thereof, or anything associated therewith, including its content (“Content”), any products or services provided through the Platform, and any affiliated website, software or application owned or operated by Cure MedicalCare PC (collectively, including the Platform and the Content, the “Service”) are governed by this Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”).
By accessing or using the Service, you acknowledge the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement. If you are using the Service on behalf of an individual other than yourself, you represent that you are authorized by such individual to act on such individual’s behalf and that such individual acknowledges the practices and policies outlined in this Privacy Statement.
Protected Health Information
Under HIPAA, a “covered entity” is required to provide their patients a Notice of Privacy Practices that describes how the covered entity uses and discloses “protected health information” (“PHI”). As a result, the Medical Group has adopted and, if you become a patient of the Medical Group, has separately provided or will provide to you a HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices that describes how the Medical Group may use or disclose your PHI (the “Medical Group Notice of Privacy Practices”).
HIPAA also requires a covered entity to obtain a patient authorization that satisfies certain requirements in order for the covered entity or its business associates to use or disclose PHI in certain ways. In order to ensure that the Medical Group and Cure MedicalCare are able to effectively provide their respective services to you and that you are able to utilize the full functionality of the Service, the Medical Group and/or Cure MedicalCare may need to use or disclose your PHI in ways that would require the Medical Group to obtain an authorization under HIPAA. As a result, the Medical Group, if you become a patient of the Medical Group, has obtained or will obtain from you a patient authorization (a “Patient Authorization”) that authorizes the Medical Group and Cure MedicalCare to use and disclose your PHI in certain ways that may not be described in this Privacy Statement or the Medical Group Notice of Privacy Practices.
To the extent that Cure MedicalCare is in fact a “business associate” of the Medical Group and is collecting, sharing, or using your information as a business associate of the Medical Group, Cure MedicalCare’s use and disclosure of your PHI will comply with HIPAA and any Patient Authorization. Any information that does not constitute PHI may be used or disclosed in any manner permitted under this Privacy Statement.
Collection and Use of Information
We collect any information you provide when you use the Service, including, but not limited to personally identifying information (“PII”). Such collected data may include the following categories of data:
- Communicated Data: Data included in any communication you send to us, whether from the contact form(s) located on our Site, through email, text, social media messaging or posting, or any other communication you send us through any medium. We keep and process this communication data for the purposes of (i) communicating with you, (ii) record keeping, (iii) the establishment, pursuit, and/or defense of legal claims, and (iv) other lawful purposes
- Customer and Registration Data: Data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, and contact, purchase, and credit card details. We process and store this data to manage your account, supply the goods and/or services you have purchased, and to keep records of such transactions.
- Marketing Data: Data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to deliver relevant website content to you, and to measure or understand its effectiveness.
- Technical Data: Data about your use of our Site and Service such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- User Data: Data about how you use our Site and Service together with any data that you post for publication on our Site or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business.
- Medical Group Data: In addition to the information we collect directly from you, we may also collect certain information from the Medical Group and/or Providers who provide treatment or other services to you in connection with our Service. This information may include, but is not limited to, diagnoses, treatment plans (including prescription details) and notes, and is accessible and visible through certain components of the Service.
- Third-Party Data:
-We may also receive information from third parties that pay for your care or provide you with treatment, laboratory care or
prescription medication, which may include, for example, your prescription history, insurance policy, insurance eligibility and coverage, and laboratory test results.
-We may also receive information about your online and offline actions and purchases from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information.
- Device Data: Data from the device through which you access the Service. This information includes, but is not limited to, your language preferences, your phone number or other unique device identifier (the International Mobile Equipment Identity or the Mobile Equipment ID number), the IP address of your device, the manufacturer, model and operating system of your device, the name and version of our Service you are using, information regarding your browser and information that allows us to personalize our Service. We or our service providers may also collect information about how you interact with our Service and any of our websites to which our Service links, such as how many times you use a specific part of our Service, the amount of time you spend using our Service, how often you use our Service, actions you take in our Service and how you engage with our Service.
- Location Data: Data regarding your location or the location of your device through which you access our Service. Information regarding your location may be obtained directly from you when you provide us with information as part of the registration process.
- Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with us through the Service, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Cure MedicalCare affiliates, agents or service providers. The Service may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no PII is available or used in this process
-23&Me. 23&Me enables us to offer certain services related to your DNA. When you opt for such services, we will use 23&Me to process the information, and your data will be subject to the 23&Me privacy statement located at https://www.23andme.com/about/privacy/
Interest-Based or “Personalized” Advertising
In public areas of our Service, we and our third-party vendors may use device identifiers and other automated technologies (including cookie identifiers on our website), along with other collected information, to deliver content or tailor ads when you are on other devices, apps or websites. These ads may be based, for instance, on the types of websites that you visit over time, the types of apps you have on your device, or de-identified information about you and your likely interests, based on your activities off of our Service. Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect—for instance, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers—to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, to help identify visitors to the publicly-accessible areas of our Service and serve advertising. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your device settings. Partners that we or others work with to do the above may track your activities over time (including across different apps or websites) by collecting information through automated means, and they may use this information, and other information they receive from us or other sources, to deliver advertisements to you.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising on the web, or opt out of receiving those ads, by visiting (i) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out here http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices or (ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out here http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page here https://www.google.com/settings/ads. As to cross-app advertising, each operating system (e.g., iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You should view your device or system “Settings” to determine how you can opt out of use of your device identifier for “cross-app” personalized advertising.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into our Service, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs.
Disclosure of Information
Cure MedicalCare is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. We will use your PII solely to provide the Service and otherwise as described in this Privacy Statement, and we will protect such information and against disclosures that may be made of such information without your authorization. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your PII with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
The Service: We may disclose your information to third parties in connection with the provision of our Service or your Provider’s provision of services or as otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose your information to: (a) our third-party service providers that provide services such as the hosting of the Service, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, payment processing, and other similar services; (b) the Medical Group or its Providers to schedule and fulfill appointments and provide healthcare services; (c) the Medical Group or Providers to whom you send messages through our Service; (d) the Medical Group or its Providers for treatment, payment or healthcare operations purposes; (e) third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to enforce our policies and/or contracts; protect us, you, or others; or to comply with applicable laws.
Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, PII may be part of the transferred assets. We may also share your PII with our subsidiaries and affiliates for purposes consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: GoForward, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, providing business and market intelligence, maintaining databases, and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Legal Requirements: Cure MedicalCare may disclose your PII if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Cure MedicalCare, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
This Privacy Statement does not address or apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including, without limitation, the Medical Group or its Providers, the manufacturer of your mobile device, and any other third party mobile application or website to which our Service may contain a link. These third parties may at times gather information from or about you. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website and application you visit and use. To the extent you are or wish to become a patient of the Medical Group, we also encourage you to review its Notice of Privacy Practices.
You can visit the Site without providing any PII. If you choose not to provide any PII (or only provide certain requested PII), you may not be able to use certain services.
Users of the Service are required to inform us about any change concerning their data, in particular about changes of place of residence, changes of surname, and changes of email address. We are not liable for the consequences resulting from providing mistaken data.
California residents have the following additional choices:
- Data Information: You may, up to two times during any twelve-month period, request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information we keep on our systems about you, please contact us as provided below. If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us (through the means provided below) as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. We will take action to verify the requestor’s identity and/or California residence.
- Your California Privacy Rights: We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties for their use in marketing to you. Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. Please send an email to the address provided below to request a copy of our disclosure pursuant to California law. Residents of the State of California have the right to request from certain businesses with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To obtain this information, you should send a written request to the email address provided below with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- “Do Not Track” Browser Settings: We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
We strive to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect information under our control. However, you must keep your Account password secure and your Account confidential, and you are responsible for any and all use of your Account. If you have reason to believe that the security of your Account has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
To help protect the privacy of data you transmit through the Service, where personally identifiable information is requested, we also use technology designed to encrypt the information that you input before it is sent to us using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology or similar encryption technology. In addition, Cure MedicalCare takes steps to protect the User data we collect against unauthorized access. However, you should keep in mind that the Service and our services are run on software, hardware, and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. In addition, persons with access to your computer, phone, or other mobile or other devices may be able to access the Service and information about you contained in the Service.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
When using the Service, you may choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features you are able to use or may prevent you from using the Service all together. You may also choose to opt out of receiving certain communications (e.g., newsletters, promotions) by emailing us your preference. Please note that even if you opt out, we may still send you Service-related communications. We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. If we do so in the future, we will describe how we do so in this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or wish to exercise any of the rights identified in it, please contact us using the following methods as appropriate for the actions as provided in this statement:
Cure MedicalCare PC
Irvine, CA 92618
Toll-Free Telephone: (833) CURE MD 1
Last Revised: May 21, 2021